Rangers operation vital for peace, security in Karachi: PM Nawaz
Addressing a high-level meeting in Karachi on Monday, the Prime Minister said there was consensus that a major operation was needed and it has achieved successes during the last 27 months.
He said the operation should have been launched six-seven years back as business community of the world was shy of visiting Karachi because of precarious security situation. "Now the operation has restored confidence of businessmen from abroad."
PM Nawaz said the federal government has been extending necessary cooperation to Sindh government, rangers and intelligence agencies in addressing the security situation in Karachi. He appreciated the role played by Rangers, intelligence and other agencies in this regard.
"There will be no compromise on the law and order situation of Karachi," the PM told the meeting attended by Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ibad, Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Federal Ministers Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Khawaja Muhammad Asif.
Army Chief General Raheel Sharif, DG ISI Lt Gen Rizwan Akhtar, DG ISPR Lt Gen Asim Bajwa, DG IB, Corps Commander Karachi, Chief Secretary Sindh, IG Police Sindh, Home Secretary Sindh, DG Rangers Sindh and senior officials were also present in the meeting.
Earlier on his arrival in Karachi, PM Nawaz was received by CM Qaim Ali Shah and other senior officials at the airport.
- Balochistan gets first woman as ASP for Quetta police06:21 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- PakvsNZ: Pakistan cricket team reaches New Zealand for series05:31 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Karachi University announces open merit admissions 202104:49 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Samba Bank, Techlogix join hands to introduce Digital Lending03:13 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor03:00 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020