Coffin of Gen Zia's father shifted to native graveyard
PESHAWAR – The district administration Tuesday shifted the coffin of father of former military dictator Zia-ul-Haq from Nauthia Graveyard to his native Ziyarat Ghazi Wali Mohammad Graveyard in Nauthia in Peshawar Cantonment.
The administration exhumed the remains of Gen Zia's father on the request of family members following growing encroachment and water logging in Nauthia Graveyard, a district administration official confirmed.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan had taken notice of increasing encroachment and water logging in the Nauthia Graveyard sought a report from the deputy commissioner.
On the DC's directives, an assistant commissioner visited the graveyard the other day and informed the family of father of former President Ziaul Haq about the situation. Later, on the family's request, the grave was dug and the coffin was shifted to a safer place in native graveyard in presence of family members.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020