Nawaz Sharif summoned through advertisement in Toshakhana reference case
ISLAMABAD – An Accountability Court on Tuesday summoned former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in the Toshakhana vehicles reference case through an advertisement till August 17.
AC-III Judge Asghar Khan's court has started the process to declare Nawaz Sharif as an absconder due to his continuous disappearance.
The court observed that Nawaz Sharif was deliberately avoiding his appearance in the case. The court gave last opportunity to the accused to submit his answer in the case.
The trial court also sent bailable arrest warrant for former president Asif Ali Zardari in the Toshakhana case.
The bailable arrest warrant can be availed submitting Rs 50,000 surety bonds.
The court said if Asif Zardari would not come to the court with one guarantor, then he should be arrested and presented before the court.
On June 30, the accountability court in Islamabad issued bailable arrest warrants for former president Asif Ali Zardari and started the process to declare PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif an absconder in the Toshakhana reference.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020