Lt Col, Major among 4 martyred in North Waziristan blast
RAWALPINDI - Three officers and a non-commissioned soldier of Pakistan Army embraced martyrdom in a landmine blast in North Waziristan on Friday.
Four others Army personnel were injured during a blast caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) in Kharkamar , North Waziristan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a press release.
"Terrorists targeted military vehicle through an IED planted on road. 3 officers and a soldiers embraced Shahadat. 4 soldiers Injured," the military's media wing said.
According to the ISPR , the martyred personnel include "Lt Col Raashid Karim Baig resident of karimabad, Hunza, Major Moeez Maqsood Baig resident of Karachi, Captain Arif Ullah resident of Lakki Marwat and Lance Havaldar Zaheer resident of Chakwal".
The Army's media wing further said: "This is the same area where forces had conducted search operations and arrested few facilitators.
"During last one month 10 security forces personnel have been martyred while 35 got injured including today's casualties," it added.
President Dr Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan have strongly condemned the terrorist attack in North Waziristan that resulted in martyrdom of three officers and a soldier of Pakistan Army.
In a statement, the President said the nation is united against the miscreants who are opposed to restoration of peace in the area but the nation is united against them.
He prayed for the departed souls to rest in peace and for the grant of courage to the bereaved families.
Condemning the attack on security forces and expressing his sorrow over the loss of precious lives of Pakistan's valiant soldiers, Prime Minister Imran Khan said the whole nation stands behind them.
I salute the sacrifices & bravery of our soldiers in keeping us safe. The whole nation stands behind them. https://t.co/uYpmfY2iHP— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 7, 2019
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019