Pakistan get pink ball day-night Test warm-up in Australia
The team will play a Cricket Australia XI in Queensland’s far north from December 8-10.
The match will feature a pink ball and provide Pakistan with their major lead-up game to the first Test against Steve Smith’s Australians at Brisbane’s Gabba stadium from December 15-19.
Day-night Tests using a pink ball are a central part of Australia’s home international schedule for 2016-17, which also includes hosting South Africa.
It will be the first international match in Cairns since the resort town hosted Tests against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in 2003 and 2004.
Cricket Australia head of operations Sean Cary said Cairns was an ideal venue to host the tour match.
“The lighting at Cazalys Stadium is very good and the overall playing conditions are first-class,” he said.
“The pitch has had a very good reputation and we are confident it will provide a competitive environment.”-APP
- Sudan’s military detains PM Hamdok, ministers as 'coup' underway04:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Supreme Court wants Nasla Tower demolished in a week03:45 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021