Maryam Nawaz, Capt (r) Safdar to reach Pakistan on Sunday ahead of NAB court hearing
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar will return to Pakistan tomorrow (Sunday) ahead of the accountability court hearing in corruption case regarding London flats.
Earlier, the court had issued bailable arrest warrants for Maryam, Safdar, Hussain and Hassan Nawaz after they did not attend the court hearing despite summons.
On October 2, the court re-issued non-bailable arrest warrants against the premier’sons Hassan, Hussain and son-in-law Captain Safdar while bail-able arrest warrants were issued for Maryam Nawaz and directed the authorities concerned to produce them before the court on October 9.
At present, Hasan, Hussain and Maryam Nawaz are in London visiting their mother, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz, who is undergoing treatment for lymphoma. Safdar is also in London.
However, the former premier is also in London but there is no information regarding his return to Pakistan as the court has also summoned him for indictment proceedings.
It is also unclear whether Maryam and his husband will attend the hearing of the court on Monday or not.
The bureau’s Lahore branch prepared a reference regarding Avenfield apartments in London in which former premier, his three children and a son-in-law have been made respondents.
The references was filed in the backdrop of Supreme Court’s July 28 decision in the Panama Papers case in which Nawaz Sharif was also disqualified for concealing his employment with Capital FZE, a firm owned by his younger son Hassan.
The bureau had been given six weeks, from the date of the court’s order, to file the reference in an accountability court while the court was granted six months to complete the proceedings.
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- UET appoints first female engineering professor in 100 years07:31 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021