Pakistan asks FATF to take notice of India’s attempts to politicise proceedings
“The statement reinforces Pakistan’s concerns, repeatedly highlighted to the FATF membership, about India’s attempts to politicize the FATF proceedings to further its narrow, partisan objectives,” the FO statement said.
The FO press release added that "India's incessant smear campaign against Pakistan and blatant partisanship" called into question its credentials to be a co-chair of the Asia-Pacific Joint Group that reviews Pakistan's progress in implementing the FATF action plan.
"Our concerns in this regard have been previously brought to the attention of FATF members," the FO spokesperson added, while expressing hope that the FATF would take notice of India's "continuing malicious campaign" against Pakistan and reject any attempt that was aimed at politicising FATF proceedings.
"It is important for FATF to ensure that the process remains fair and unbiased," the press release stated.
Pakistan strongly rejects Indian MEA comments 08:17 PM | 5 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Foreign Office on Saturday completely rejected the comments made by the spokesman of the Indian ...
The FO clarification comes a week ahead of FATF’s review meetings in Paris between Oct 13-18 that will determine whether Pakistan should remain or move out of the grey list or be put on the blacklist.
- OPPO – Zoom into imagination now with a better price at the right ...05:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020