SC suspends decision to de-seat Qasim Suri
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday suspended the order of an election tribunal that de-seated National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri.
The decision was earlier passed by an election tribunal of the Balochistan High Court (BHC). The decision was earlier passed by an election tribunal of the Balochistan High Court (BHC).
Election Commission of Pakistan’s notification de-notifying the lawmaker as a member of the National Assembly was also suspended.
A three-judge bench headed by Justice Umar Ata Bandial and comprising Justice Faisal Arbab and Justice Ijazul Ahsan heard the appeal filed by Suri.
After the court decision, Suri said the restoration of his membership by the country's apex court has given him another opportunity to serve the people of Pakistan.
Expressing his gratitude over Super Court’s verdict of suspending the decision of Balochistan Election Tribunal regarding NA 265, the deputy speaker said that he was hopeful for a just decision which will be taken by keeping all the facts in view as he had faith in country’s institutions, said a press statement issued here.
He said Prime Minister Imran Khan has always trusted and guided him through every situation adding he thanked all those, in-country or abroad, who prayed for his success.
He also thanked all the leaders of Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) including Speaker National Assembly and Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani for their unwavering support throughout this period.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019