Afridi-led Royals beat Sehwag XI by 6 wickets in ice cricket 2018
Royals won the match by six wickets and chased the target in 15.2 overs. Owais Shah led the charge and scored 74 runs. Shah was declared man of the match.
Choose to bat first, Diamonds gave a target of 165 for the loss of nine wickets to Royals in stipulated 20 overs.
Skipper Sehwag smashed 62 from 31 deliveries and Andrew Symonds chipped in with 40 from 30 balls. Abdul Razzaq picked up 4/18 while Shoaib Akhtar took 2/32 for the Royals.
The next match will be played on Friday (tomorrow) at 4pm PST at the same venue.
— Khel Shel (@khelshel) February 7, 2018
Live from the lake! St. Moritz Ice Cricket! pic.twitter.com/8KrT05y8al
— St. Moritz (@stmoritz_ch) February 8, 2018
Along with Afridi and Sehwag, the event also features glittering names such as Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq, Mahela Jayawardene, Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Khan, Michael Hussey and others.
The vent is a joint initiative of Vijay Singh, CEO, VJ Sports and Akhilesh Bahuguna, Director, All Spheres. The maiden edition of the St. Moritz Ice Cricket 2018 was announced at a press conference in the presence of Sehwag and Kaif at New Delhi recently.
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) February 7, 2018
"With the approval from International Cricket Council (ICC), the St Moritz Ice Cricket has the potential to become a flagship property for the discerning patrons of the game all over the globe," Vijay Singh, CEO, VJ Sports said.
Full squads of both teams:
Shahid Afridi's Royals XI squad: Shahid Afridi (Pakistan), Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan), Abdul Razzak (Pakistan), Jacques Kallis (South Africa), Graeme Smith (South Africa), Daniel Vettori (New Zealand), Nathan McCullum (New Zealand), Grant Elliott (New Zealand), Monty Panesar (England), Owais Shah (England), Matt Prior (England), Aidan Andrews (Switzerland)
Virender Sehwag's Diamonds XI squad: Virender Sehwag (India), Zaheer Khan (India), Mohammad Kaif (India), Ajit Agarkar (India), Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka), Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka), Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka), Michael Hussey (Australia), Andrew Symonds (Australia), Mithun Manhas (India), Ramesh Powar (India), Rohan Jain (Switzerland).
- PM Shehbaz Sharif visits Mansehra today01:04 PM | 29 May, 2022
- Israeli president confirms meeting with Pakistani expats’ delegation12:25 PM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistan likely to hike gas tariff after withdrawing petroleum ...11:59 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation leaves for India for talks on water disputes11:16 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Watch – Saba Qamar loses her cool at press conference09:36 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022