Gwadar gets metropolitan corporation status
QUETTA – The government has decided to give Gwadar the status of the metropolitan corporation in order to pave the way for devolving powers to the lower level in the port city under the 18th Amendment, said Chief Minister Balochistan Jamal Kamal on Monday.
The CM said that the decision would increase the importance of Gwadar and increase urban facilities; he said this while chairing a high-level meeting of provincial ministers in the provincial capital.
He said and added that implementation of the master plan of development of Gwadar will increase the population of the area and promote construction and development activities.
Jam Kamal further said that other municipal corporations of the province also have the basis of the population, area and infrastructure of the country. But the status of Metropolitan Corporation will be reviewed; this step will provide opportunities for equitable development of different areas of Balochistan.
Chief Minister Kamal directed the concerned department to make a declaration regarding turning the municipal committee into a metropolitan corporation on the basis of population and landscape.
Provincial ministers Tariq Magsi, Zahoor Buledi, Asad Baloch, Zia Langove, Saleem Khosa, Naseebullah Marri, Zamrak Achakzai, Abdul Khaliq Hazara, Ziaulla Langove, Balochistan Chief Secretary Dr Akhter Nazir and government officials were present on this occasion.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020