India: Manmohan Singh calls for withdrawal of Citizenship Amendment Act
NEW DELHI – Former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has called for withdrawal of the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act.
In his article in Indian newspaper 'the Hindu', Manmohan Singh said India has slid from a liberal democracy to a majoritarian state and faces social disharmony and economic slowdown.
Pointing out to the anti-Muslim violence in New Delhi last month, he said the current situation in India is very grim and morose and state institutions failed to protect citizens during the violence.
The former Indian Prime Minister wrote that investors are unwilling to undertake new projects in India and communal tensions are further reinforcing their reluctance.
BJP fumes as UN rights chief moves top Indian ... 08:45 AM | 5 Mar, 2020
UNITED NATIONS – The United Nations has approached the Indian Supreme Court to challenge the controversial ...
- PM Imran salms BJP’s key leader over bigoted remarks against Muslims01:15 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- North Korea claims its free from coronavirus amid over million cases ...12:27 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- US welcomes Pakistan's decision to appeal verdict on Daniel Pearl ...11:51 AM | 3 Apr, 2020
- PM Imran summons PTI core committee meeting today11:29 AM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Leighton Meester and Adam Brady pregnant with baby no. 204:51 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan pledges to donate to PM's Corona Relief Fund04:08 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Yashma Gill sings to raise awareness about coronavirus pandemic02:39 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019