SC issues notice to Imran Khan to justify money trail regarding Bani Gala land
Haneef Abbasi, a former MNA and Rawalpindi-based bigwig of ruling PML-N argued in a separate petition before the apex court that Jemima Goldsmith, Imran’s first wife, did not file her income tax during her time in Pakistan, suggesting that she was, in fact, a dependent on her former husband and had no taxable income.
According to Abbasi, the PTI chairman was bound to declare the assets of Jemima before the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in his nomination papers during the relevant period, but he avoided it.
However, the cricketer-turned-politician refuted the allegations and alleged that Abbasi moved the Supreme Court in a bid to show allegiance to premier Nawaz Sharif.
The PTI chief termed the accusations against him baseless and requested the court to dismiss the petition. He has also took aim at the Federal Board of Revenue for investigating his tax returns after 13 years.
“I have been paying all my taxes for three decades now. I have never lied about the property I own,” he stressed.
- Ruet committee to meet today for Shawwal moon sighting10:55 AM | 12 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-12-Updated 10:00 ...09:30 AM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistan records slight decline in Covid-19 with 2,869 new cases in a ...09:25 AM | 12 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 May 202108:35 AM | 12 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Falak Shabir is taking care of wife Sarah Khan's pregnancy cravings08:24 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Malala slammed for skipping 'Israel' in statement on Palestine attacks04:47 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021