At least 24 dead after bus falls off bridge in Chakwal
CHAKWAL - At least 24 people were killed after a bus fell off a bridge in Dhok Pathan area in Talagang on Wednesday, Geo News reported.
As many as 55 people have been injured in the accident. The bus was on its way to Lahore’s Raiwind from Kohat, said the rescue sources. The bus fell from a height of 150-feet, the rescue sources informed
The deceased and injured were rushed to Tehsil Headquarters (THQ) Talagang for the autopsy, medical treatment respectively.
On August 3, two schoolgirls died and seven others were injured when a school bus carrying children met with an accident on Mianwali Talagang road, rescue and hospital sources said.
One of the children died on the spot, while another schoolgirl succumbed to her injuries later in the hospital. Among others injured were three children, two women and a man. The injured were taken to Tehsil Headquarter Talagang, rescue sources stated.
Earlier in May, at least four schoolchildren and a driver were killed and eight children critically injured when a speeding oil tanker had crushed a school van in Multan.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020