NATO General speaks up for Pakistan, says world cannot ignore Kashmir anymore
According to a statement issued from the PM House here Thursday, General Peter Pavel in a meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here at PM House, termed Pakistan an important and traditional partner of NATO stressing the need for resolution of Kashmir issue.
“I have listened to your yesterday’s speech in the Parliament where you eloquently expressed the issue of Kashmir. The Kashmir issue has to be addressed as two nuclear powers are party to it and the world cannot remain indifferent and must be concerned,” Chairman Military Committee NATO said.
The Chairman Military Committee NATO said by the virtue of its size, Pakistan could play an important role in the region.
“We expect a broader political framework agreement between Pakistan and NATO to unlock further mutual military cooperation,” General Pavel said.
PM Nawaz Sharif maintained his government had a stated policy on Afghanistan, which he expressed from the day first on assumption of his office, The News reported.
“We have conveyed to the leadership of Afghanistan that the enemies of Afghanistan are the enemies of Pakistan and we have stood by our words,” he said.
The Prime Minister said even yesterday Pakistan announced an assistance of $ 500 million in addition to an earlier assistance of $ 500 million for Afghanistan.
General Peter Pavel said his meetings with all the services Chiefs and others were highly satisfactory.
“I am highly impressed with the state of affairs, professional standards and approach of Pakistan Armed forces. I would like to acknowledge the comprehensive counter terrorism strategy which has achieved a lot and there are many lessons for NATO to learn from it,” Chairman Military Committee NATO said.
PM Nawaz highlighted the issue of atrocities in the restive region of Kashmir and urged international players to play a decisive role for the early resolution of the matter. He also shed light on the process being made regarding the operation Zarb-i-Azb.
“The ongoing military operation Zarb-i-Azb is the largest military counter terrorism offensive by any single country, which has broken the backbone of terrorists,” the Prime Minister emphasized.
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021