PFA’s Ayesha Mumtaz to launch crackdown in capital
Recently, Lahore’s famous food industry was rattled by a new phenomenon i.e. crackdowns, fines and closures by the PFA Operations Director.
According to reports, the eateries in federal capital score even poorer than the Punjab capital, Lahore, when it comes to hygiene and cleanliness.
The only food street of the capital, the Melody Food Street, is also in shambles. There have been reports of donkey and horse meat being sold in twin cities.
If the pork can reach Lahore Markets, it is of greater concern for twin cities because pigs are found here abundantly.
The present regulatory mechanism for eateries under Capital Development Authority has badly failed to improve eating conditions in Islamabad.
On the other hand, Ayesha Mumtaz, a bold and unbiased officer, does not tolerate political influence. From high-end locations, including many of the five-star hotels in Lahore to smaller restaurants, she has sealed or fined several of these.
For many of these entities, it was their first exposure to Hygiene and Food Safety 101.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan records lowest daily Covid cases in over a year09:18 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- 12 Rabiul Awwal: Pakistanis celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi today08:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021