Panic and fear as oil slick forms off Karachi beach
According to the experts, the oil slick does not pose any serious threat to humans, however, it will affect the marine life.
According to Geo News, the source of the oil slick is not known. It is being claimed that the slick did not originate from the Karachi Port area and has likely made landfall after being pushed by Monsoon winds from the open sea.
While the oil spill from the Tasman Spirit was fresh, its smell affected residents causing nausea, headaches and throat infections, forcing those living close to the beach to evacuate further inland; the current oil slick does not pose the same threats, according to media reports.
- Pakistan's FM Qureshi to lead Muslim countries' delegation to New ...07:26 PM | 17 May, 2021
- COAS Bajwa condoles demise of ANP’s Begum Naseem Wali Khan06:31 PM | 17 May, 2021
- realme 8 Pro comes as the Super-fast Charging Phone from the brand06:09 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021