Panic and fear as oil slick forms off Karachi beach
According to the experts, the oil slick does not pose any serious threat to humans, however, it will affect the marine life.
According to Geo News, the source of the oil slick is not known. It is being claimed that the slick did not originate from the Karachi Port area and has likely made landfall after being pushed by Monsoon winds from the open sea.
While the oil spill from the Tasman Spirit was fresh, its smell affected residents causing nausea, headaches and throat infections, forcing those living close to the beach to evacuate further inland; the current oil slick does not pose the same threats, according to media reports.
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021