Two senior police officers among eight held in woman torture case
MULTAN - Vehari Police claimed to have arrested eight alleged outlaws including DSP and SHO in the woman torture case.
According to police sources here on Sunday, CIA police officials along with another two alleged outlaws had detained a woman -- Zahoor Bibi in a theft case and subjected her to severe torture at private cell, in the limits of Luddan Police station.
Regional Police Officer (RPO) Waseem Khan took notice and directed to take action against the police officials and other outlaws involved in the torture case. The RPO also met the grieved family.
A case has been registered against 13 persons including eight police officials, under section 352, 337 and 342, sources said.
The sources further stated that SP Investigation Vehari was conducting an inquiry into the incident.
Chief Minister Punjab Muhammad Usman Buzdar also took the notice of the incident of women's torture in private cell of the police and directed RPO Multan to submit a report in this regards, sources added.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019