Two senior police officers among eight held in woman torture case
According to police sources here on Sunday, CIA police officials along with another two alleged outlaws had detained a woman -- Zahoor Bibi in a theft case and subjected her to severe torture at private cell, in the limits of Luddan Police station.
Regional Police Officer (RPO) Waseem Khan took notice and directed to take action against the police officials and other outlaws involved in the torture case. The RPO also met the grieved family.
A case has been registered against 13 persons including eight police officials, under section 352, 337 and 342, sources said.
The sources further stated that SP Investigation Vehari was conducting an inquiry into the incident.
Chief Minister Punjab Muhammad Usman Buzdar also took the notice of the incident of women's torture in private cell of the police and directed RPO Multan to submit a report in this regards, sources added.
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- FM Qureshi reaffirms Pakistan's unflinching support to Palestinians ...03:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021