Russian envoy Alexey Dedov calls on Imran Khan, felicitates on election victory
ISLAMABAD - Russian Ambassador to Pakistan Alexey Dedov called on prime minister-in-waiting and Chairman PTI Imran Khan in Bani Gala on Thursday and congratulated him on the victory in elections 2018.
The Russian Ambassador expressed a desire to further enhance cooperation between Pakistan and Russia , sources said.
PTI Spokesman Fawad Chaudhry confirmed the meeting.
Ambassador of Russia to Pakistan Alexey Yurievich Dedov called on PM designate @ImranKhanPTI at Banigala, Islamabad today.— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 9, 2018
Russian Ambassador Congratulated Imran Khan on the victory in General Elections and discussed matters of bilateral interest#PrimeMinisterImranKhan pic.twitter.com/pc3FhvXnoO
Alexey Dedov lauded Pak-Russian cooperation in military joint exercises and thanked aviators of Pakistan Army for the successful rescue operation of Russian mountain climber under severe weather conditions.
The ambassador stated that Moscow wants to further improve bilateral relations with Islamabad and seeks engagement in economic cooperation, human rights, chemical weapons, terrorism and peace and stability in Afghanistan. Stressing on the need to further cement bilateral ties, Dedov urged to have direct transaction communication between banks of both countries without the involvement of a third country.
Chairman PTI Imran Khan thanked Russian Ambassador and said that Pakistan would like to improve relations with Russia . Imran Khan said that he wanted Russian drilling oil and gas companies to come to Pakistan.
Speaking about the importance of stability in Afghanistan, Chairman PTI stated that America has realized that military solution to the looming crisis of Afghanistan is not going to work; hence, there is a desire for dialogue. “Now, peace has a chance and Pakistan is ready to help”, Chairman PTI said.
Envoys of various counties are holding meetings with Imran Khan and felicitating him on his party’s remarkable victory in the elections 2018.
On Wednesday, the acting ambassador of the United States to Pakistan, John Hoover also called on Imran Khan at latter’s Banigala residence in Islamabad.
The US Ambassador congratulated Imran Khan over the victory of his party in elections 2018.
Imran Khan and Hoover exchanged views on Pak-US relations and matters of mutual interest.
Trust deficit exists in Pak-US relations, Imran ... 10:42 PM | 8 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Acting US Ambassador John Hoover along with a delegation met the Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ...
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Rihanna documentary sold to Amazon for $25 Million05:07 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019