Thousands protest Kashmiri boy's killing in Srinagar; leaders on hunger strike
participated in the funeral prayers of a college student, Shakir Ahmad
Butt, in Sopore, on Wednesday.
According to Kashmir Media Service, Shakir Ahmad Butt originally from
Sopore along with another youth was traveling in a vehicle on Tuesday when Indian
troops forced them out and shot them to death at Pampore in South Kashmir.
The participants of the funeral raised high-pitched pro-freedom
and anti-India slogans, on the occasion. People from all walks of life
including Hurriyet leaders attended the funeral.
Complete shutdown was observed in Sopore and Pampore against the killings,
which triggered forceful protests in the areas. Many people were injured
when Indian police used brute force and fired teargas shells on the
The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, Muhammad Yasin Malik,
in connection with the International Human Rights Day started a two-day
hunger strike at Maisuma in Srinagar to draw the world's attention towards
rights' violations in the territory.
Hurriyet leaders Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Musaddiq Aadil, Mukhtar Ahmad Waza and other leaders joined the camp.
Several protest demonstrations were held in different areas of Srinagar
against the unabated human rights abuses perpetrated by Indian army and
police in the territory.
Hurriyet leaders Zafar Akbar Butt, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Syed Bashir Andrabi, Bilal Siddiqui, Moulvi Bashir Ahmad , Mohammad Iqbal Mir and human rights defender Mohammad Ahsan too led the protests.
Chairman of All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Professor
Abdul Ghani Butt, and Hilal Ahmad War addressing a seminar at party
headquarters in Srinagar, and Shabbir Ahmad Shah in his statement urged the
United Nations to impress upon India to end crimes against humanity in the
In New York, the participants of the International Kashmir Conference have
supported the Kashmiris' right to self-determination and demanded repeal of
all black laws from the occupied territory.
The conference was organised by ‘International Educational Development’ at Church Center of the United Nations and was attended among others by the academics, researchers, delegates from various UN Missions, representatives of the UN NGO’s, social and civil rights activists.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021