Lahore-Lodhran double railway track inaugurated
Now the main line double railway track has been completed from Karachi to Lahore. The project was started in 2003 and completed in three phases. The track will help reduce seven-hour time of freight trains as well.
Addressing the inaugural ceremony on Saturday, Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique said transparency and merit is being ensured in Pakistan Railways. He said there is no interference in the working of Pakistan Railways and deficit is being lowered by three billion rupees annually.
Khawaja Saad Rafique added the railways labour benefit package will be announced soon.
Speaking on the occasion, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said various sectors including Pakistan Railways have shown considerable improvement during the tenure of the incumbent government.
He said the government is focusing on projects related to infrastructure and energy. He added the Punjab government has paid a total of 55 billion rupees from its share to other provinces, under the NFC Award to accelerate development activities there.
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of chairty funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Deepika Padukone's choice of saree leaves netizens ...08:26 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022