13th LUMUN Conference held at LUMS: 115 delegations from all over Pakistan!
The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan’s leading higher education institute, hosted its 13th LUMUN (LUMS Model United Nations) Conference on December 26, 2016. The event saw 900+ attendees spread across 115 delegations from all over Pakistan, making LUMUN ’17 a huge success.
Model United Nations (MUN) is an educational simulation and academic competition organised annually by LUMS . The objective is for students to learn more about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations itself. Delegates spent their days attending committee sessions, with networking breaks in the Delegates’ Lounge, while the evenings were spent attending a variety of social events.
The conference started off with an opening ceremony welcoming all the delegates to the thirteenth edition of the prestigious five-day LUMUN Conference. The panel of guest speakers included Syed Iqbal Raza, Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General as Chief Guest, Pro-Chancellor Syed Babar Ali as Guest of Honour, Vice Chancellor Prof. S. Sohail H. Naqvi, Ambassador Iqbal Ahmad Khan, and Ambassador Azmat Hassan.
The opening ceremony was followed by five days of rigorous debates, fun activities, and a series of highly informative seminars, which included esteemed ambassadors and famous celebrities as guests.
The official closing ceremony took place on the final day of the conference, following the last committee session with Mr. Douglas Higgins, the senior-most UN representative and Head of UNICEF in Punjab, as the Chief Guest. The winners of Outstanding Diplomacy and Honourable Mention Awards in each committee were also announced on the occasion. The Conference closed with the announcement of the winning delegations as this year, a clear tie between Nixor College and The Lyceum School.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019