Three killed as another Indian army camp attacked in IOK
According to Indian media, two or three militants first lobbed grenades at the camp, situated in Battal village of Jourian near the Line of Control (LoC), and then opened fire, killing three civilians.
The civilians killed in the attack were labourers, the report quoted Indian Defence PRO Manish Mehta as saying.
The area was cordoned off soon after the firing stopped and search operation was launched. Educational institutes in the area were closed for the day.
There has been a surge in attacks on Indian army camps particularly along the Line of Control.
In November last year, seven Indian soldiers were killed when militants attacked a major army base at Nagrota near the LoC.
The burgeoning reports of violence follow the September Uri attack, in which 19 Indian soldiers were killed.
What added fuel to the fire was Indian aggression on Line of Control and claims of conducting a surgical strike inside Pakistan.
- Pakistan up 31 places in Trading Across Border Index04:02 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Infinix Hot 10 Play with 6000mAh battery is up for pre-orders12:57 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Watch – Why Hareem Shah slapped Mufti Abdul Qavi?08:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021