Three killed as another Indian army camp attacked in IOK
According to Indian media, two or three militants first lobbed grenades at the camp, situated in Battal village of Jourian near the Line of Control (LoC), and then opened fire, killing three civilians.
The civilians killed in the attack were labourers, the report quoted Indian Defence PRO Manish Mehta as saying.
The area was cordoned off soon after the firing stopped and search operation was launched. Educational institutes in the area were closed for the day.
There has been a surge in attacks on Indian army camps particularly along the Line of Control.
In November last year, seven Indian soldiers were killed when militants attacked a major army base at Nagrota near the LoC.
The burgeoning reports of violence follow the September Uri attack, in which 19 Indian soldiers were killed.
What added fuel to the fire was Indian aggression on Line of Control and claims of conducting a surgical strike inside Pakistan.
- CJCSC Gen Nadeem in Azerbaijan to enhance bilateral cooperation04:39 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- The Rock shares his experience after trying cupping therapy for the ...03:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021