Panasonic introduces a new LUMIX S1H full-frame mirrorless camera
The LUMIX S1H is the world’s first camera capable of video recording at up to 6K at 24 frames per second, 5.9K at 30p, and 4K/C4K 10bit at up to 60p. The LUMIX S1H prototype will be exhibited at the Cine Gear Expo 2019.
Combining the professional-level video quality and high mobility of the mirrorless camera, Panasonic will release the LUMIX S1H to world markets in fall 2019, revealed a press release issued by the company here on Saturday.
Since starting the development of video recording technologies for digital cinema in the 1990s, Panasonic has produced a host of innovative technologies for impressive cinematic imagery, such as 24p video recording, slow-motion video using a variable frame rate, and the wide dynamic range and colour space of V-Log/V-Gamut. Panasonic has been working with film creators for over a quarter of a century to design and develop a number of cinema cameras, which has resulted in stunningly high video performance. The LUMIX GH1 made its debut in 2009 as the world’s first digital single lens mirrorless camera capable of full-HD AVCHD video recording.
The LUMIX GH4 was launched in 2014 as the world’s first digital single lens mirrorless camera capable of 4K video recording. And in 2017, the LUMIX GH5 was released with the world's first 4K/60p, 4:2:2 10-bit 4K/30p recording capability. The LUMIX GH5 is highly acclaimed by film creators for its high performance, excellent mobility, and superb versatility in film production.
Kunihiro Tanikura, general manager – audio-video department, Panasonic Marketing Middle East and Africa, said, “The LUMIX S1H offers a completely new experience in the world of an image capturing and videography with its best-in-class specifications. It effectively blends the most advanced features in a compact and lightweight body making the camera an easy solution for even the most challenging shooting situations. Solidifying Panasonic’s ongoing commitment to innovation, we are confident that the LUMIX S1H is another important contribution designed to foster the development of the visual imagery culture.”
The new LUMIX S1H packs the technologies of the LUMIX S Series of full-frame mirrorless cameras, especially in the field of digital signal processing and heat dispersion, into a compact, lightweight body to achieve both high performance and nimble mobility. It opens the door to creative film production in ways that conventional, bulky camera systems simply could not do.
The main features of the new LUMIX S1H are as follows:
1. High resolution up to 6K for multiple formats
Maximising the use of the pixels in the full-frame image sensor, the LUMIX S1H, as a digital camera, has achieved 6K/24p (3:2 aspect ratio) or 5.9K/30p (16:9 aspect ratio) video recording for the first time in the world. It is also the world’s first full-frame digital interchangeable lens system camera to enable 10-bit 60p 4K/C4K video recording. It accommodates a variety of recording formats, including 4:3 anamorphic mode, to meet professional needs. Its high-resolution data can also be used for creating 4K videos with higher image quality or for cropping images in 4K.
2. Rich gradation and a wide colour space virtually equal to those of cinema cameras
The LUMIX S1H features V-Log/V-Gamut with a wide dynamic range of 14+ stops, which are virtually the same as those of the Panasonic Cinema VariCam, to precisely capture everything from dark to bright areas. The colour and texture of human skin are faithfully reproduced. Designed under consistent colour management, the S1H's recorded footage is compatible with V-Log footage recorded by VariCam or V-Log L footage recorded by LUMIX GH5/GH5S.
3. High product reliability that allows unlimited video recording
In every S1H recording mode, video can be recorded non-stop under the certified operating temperature so the user can concentrate on shooting.
Panasonic now offers three innovative models in the LUMIX S Series of full-frame digital single lens mirrorless cameras – the S1R, the S1, and the new S1H. The LUMIX S1R is ideal for taking high-resolution pictures, the LUMIX S1 is an advanced hybrid camera for high-quality photos and videos, and the LUMIX S1H is designed and developed especially for film production. With this lineup, Panasonic is committed to meet the demands of every imaging professional by challenging the constant evolution of the photo/video culture in today's new digital era.-PR
- Imran Khan arrives at Nur Khan air base in a private plane for ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- vivo Y35 launched in Pakistan — price, specification, camera02:19 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Watch — Pakistan’s new CJCSC Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza wins hearts ...01:42 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Hassan Ahmed reacts to wife Sunita Marshal's remarks from latest ...11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022