"Rocket in the pocket": Another Samsung phone explodes in owner's pants
According to 26-year-old Zhang, he was walking down the street when suddenly he felt a burst of heat near his thigh. He says that once he realized his phone had exploded in his pants, he took off his pants and threw the searing phone onto the ground.
The phone was made by Samsung, model SM –G9009W, and purchased by Zhang in 2014 from an electronics market downtown for 4,000 yuan (about 610 USD). Since then, he say, the phone had often overheated after extended use, but had never even come close to exploding.
Zhang said that if he hadn't acted quickly, he could have been seriously injured and is currently looking for answers from the manufacturer.
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021