PM Nawaz inaugurates Multan International Airport
As per reports, the project was initiated to expand the existing airport so that wide-bodied aircraft could land and take off for direct international passenger and cargo flights.
Civil Aviation officials say nearly 400 international Saudi Arabia bound passengers can enjoy this facility on everyday basis.
International cargo flights from Multan will boost the exports of fruits, particularly mango.
A cargo complex has also been built having storage capacity of 10,000 tons and preservation of perishable vegetables and fruits.
Civil Aviation Authority officials say a number of international airlines have applied for operating direct flights to and from Multan.
The project has been completed at a cost of 9 billion rupees.
Earlier, Prime Minister Nawaz sharif was received by former Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani and other PPP and PML-N leaders.
Moreover, The PM while addressing the ceremony informed that government had allocated fifty five billion rupees last year for Lahore-Karachi motorway project. Land acquisition process for the project is in full swing.
Referring to development projects in Multan, Nawaz said several projects worth twenty nine billion rupees were started in the city.
We have decided to launch mega projects in Multan city particularly in the fields of education and health.
He said the construction of international airport in Multan will enhance the area's exports to the outside world especially those of mangoes and textiles.
He said a plan has been envisaged to construct 32 kilometre intra-city ring road in Multan. Federal government will provide funds for this project.
Turning to the issue of power shortage, Nawaz said ten thousand megawatt of additional electricity will be added to the national grid by the end of 2017. This will end gap between demand and supply, end load shedding and electricity will be available for new development projects.
He said it is our utmost effort to produce cheap electricity and for this purpose we are exploiting all resources including coal, LNG, hydel, wing and solar.
He said we had never promised to end the power outages in three or six months but before the end of our term.
- LIVE: PM Imran Khan reaches Pakistan Parliament to seek Vote of ...11:50 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- NASA's new Mars rover hits dusty red road, 1st trip 21 feet11:44 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Two dacoits arrested after exchange of fire with Faisalabad Dolphins11:35 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- CTD guns down ‘MQM-London target killer’ after exchange of fire ...11:10 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-06- Updated ...10:30 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021