Federal Budget 2018-19 to be announced on April 27: Miftah
This would be the last budget of the present government as its five-year tenure ends this year.
“The term of PML (N) would end on May 31,” said Miftah Ismail.
“During the five years of our government, the economy showed better performance compared to last five years where the revenue collection soared to Rs 4013 billion from Rs 1940 billion in 2013,” he added.
"The PML-N government added 12,000MW of electricity to the system while work is underway on power projects worth 20,000MW," Ismail claimed, adding that areas where people regularly pay bills no longer experience load-shedding.
The adviser claimed that Pakistan is now ranked on the fifth spot globally in the race for economic progress and international institutions have been rating Pakistan's economy positively.
Moreover, the advisor said that the transfer of funds to provinces recorded appreciable increase to Rs 2400 billion from Rs 1200 billion.
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- PIA restarts Lahore to Kuala Lumpur flights05:59 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- At least two dead, several injured as violence mars Sindh local govt ...05:44 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa dance their heart out on ‘Loota Re’ ...03:00 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022