PIA pilot spends two hours with Chinese passenger inside cockpit, video goes viral
ISLAMABAD - In another incident of sheer negligence, a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilot reportedly endangered the lives of his passengers after allowing an unauthorised Chinese national into the cockpit during landing.
The woman allegedly stayed inside the cockpit for over two hours, coming out only after the plane landed.
Geo News correspondent Irfan Siddiqui, who happened to be flying on the same plane, recorded a video of the incident with his mobile phone.
He further said a “passenger going to the cockpit doesn’t jeopardise the safety of the aircraft”.
According to law, unauthorised persons are not allowed into the cockpit at any time during flights as it is a safety hazard, with the responsibility lying with the pilot to ensure that no unauthorized person enters the restricted part of the aircraft.
This is not the first time that PIA pilots and crew have been involved in incidents endangering passengers.
Last month, PIA launched an investigation against a senior pilot operating an Islamabad-to-London flight (PK-785) after he was accused of handing over the aircraft to an under-training pilot following take-off and taking a two-and-a-half-hour nap in the passenger compartment.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020