FIA secures arrest warrants against MQM leaders in money-laundering probe
FIA officials said the four were repeatedly issued notices for interrogation, but they failed to turn up for investigation.
According to sources, the politicians have been directed to appear before FIA on November 12.
Following an anti-Pakistan speech by the party leader, MQM split into two factions, with Pakistan-based members distancing themselves from their London-based leadership.
Later, some members defected to other political parties as well, including Mustafa Kamal-led Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) which failed to garner support in the General Elections, contrary to perception.
- Faisal Vawda resigns from NA to avoid disqualification10:48 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Indian Supreme Court asks rape accused to marry victim10:30 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-03- ...09:45 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Senate elections 2021: Voting underway on 37 seats for upper house ...09:26 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan's coronavirus death toll crosses 13,000 mark08:45 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021