FIA secures arrest warrants against MQM leaders in money-laundering probe
FIA officials said the four were repeatedly issued notices for interrogation, but they failed to turn up for investigation.
According to sources, the politicians have been directed to appear before FIA on November 12.
Following an anti-Pakistan speech by the party leader, MQM split into two factions, with Pakistan-based members distancing themselves from their London-based leadership.
Later, some members defected to other political parties as well, including Mustafa Kamal-led Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) which failed to garner support in the General Elections, contrary to perception.
- Pakistan up 31 places in Trading Across Border Index04:02 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Infinix Hot 10 Play with 6000mAh battery is up for pre-orders12:57 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Sindh Wildlife Dept rescues two blind Indus dolphins near Rohri canal ...11:52 AM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Biden to propose 8-year citizenship path for immigrants11:28 AM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Watch – Why Hareem Shah slapped Mufti Abdul Qavi?08:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021