Fazlur Rehman delays anti-govt 'Azadi March'
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chairman, Maulana Fazulr Rehman announced on Wednesday that his party's anti-government 'Azadi March' to Islamabad will begin on October 31.
Talking to Newsmen, he said the party would now join Kashmiris in observing October 27 as a black day across the country in protest against the Indian occupation of Jammu and Kashmir; he had earlier announced to kickstart the march on Oct 27.
The JUI-F chief had announced a few days back that his party would start the march on Oct 27, warning that the march would end with the fall of the government.
FM Qureshi urges JUI-F chief to review 'Azadi ... 11:57 PM | 4 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Friday asked Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal ur ...
Soon after the announcement, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had requested JUI-F leader to change the day of protest as Oct 27 is marked as black day every year.
The minister said although govt is not afraid of ‘Azadi March’ as its democratic right of JUI-F, but said the timing is inappropriate as it would hurt the Kashmiris.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019