Fazlur Rehman delays anti-govt 'Azadi March'
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chairman, Maulana Fazulr Rehman announced on Wednesday that his party's anti-government 'Azadi March' to Islamabad will begin on October 31.
Talking to Newsmen, he said the party would now join Kashmiris in observing October 27 as a black day across the country in protest against the Indian occupation of Jammu and Kashmir; he had earlier announced to kickstart the march on Oct 27.
The JUI-F chief had announced a few days back that his party would start the march on Oct 27, warning that the march would end with the fall of the government.
FM Qureshi urges JUI-F chief to review 'Azadi ... 11:57 PM | 4 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Friday asked Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal ur ...
Soon after the announcement, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had requested JUI-F leader to change the day of protest as Oct 27 is marked as black day every year.
The minister said although govt is not afraid of ‘Azadi March’ as its democratic right of JUI-F, but said the timing is inappropriate as it would hurt the Kashmiris.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020