Rewaj Act to replace FCR in FATA: Sartaj Aziz
Speaking in the House after Laying the report of the committee on FATA Reforms, 2016 in the National Assembly, he said it was an important issue which needed to be considered in this grand house.
Sartaj Aziz said the Khyber-Pakhtunkhawa government has also been taken board and the Prime Minister has also decided to make the report public.
He stated the Prime Minister had made up the committee in November in November last year, which involved eight months to deliberate on it.
He stated the committee travelled to all the seven agencies of FATA and met cross sections of the society, including FATA elders, representatives and civil society members.
The Advisor said the committee presented four options for reforms before them, which include; maintain Status Quo, but introduce judicial/administrative reforms and increase focus on growth activities; create FATA Council on the pattern of Gilgit Baltistan, create a separate Province of FATA and Integrate FATA with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
He said majority of opinions were in favour of merging FATA with KPK. However, he said it would need some time.
Sartaj said local government election would be held besides setting up benches of the High Court and Supreme Court in FATA.
- Causalities feared as blast rips through Kabul mosque06:15 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ‘Was locked in washroom of PM House on Imran Khan’s order,’ ...05:56 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Israeli settlers desecrate historic Palestinian mosque (VIDEO)05:23 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Srha Asghar’s workout video during pregnancy goes viral04:25 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Fizza Ali's daughter Faraal wins hearts with new adorable video03:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022