Friendship with China cornerstone of Pakistan’s foreign policy, PM Imran to FM Wang Yi
The top Chinese envoy led a high-level delegation including three Vice-Ministers to PM Office to discuss regional situation and global issues with the new government in the South Asian country.
Mr Yi congratulated PM Imran on his assumption of the office and expressed best wishes of the Chinese leadership for the new government. He also conveyed the desire of Chinese leadership to work with the new government for further enhancing the strategic partnership between Pakistan and China.
The foreign minister underscored the significance of China-Pakistan relationship which served as a model of friendship in interstate relations. He underscored the significance of CPEC for the mutual benefit of the people of both countries.
The Chinese also conveyed the invitation of Premier Li Keqiang for an official visit to PM Imran.
Imran Khan, who took the office last month, thanked Mr Yi for the good wishes of Chinese leadership. He reiterated that friendship with China is a cornerstone of Pakistan’s Foreign Policy.
He also thanked Chinese Premier Li Keqiang for his congratulatory telephone call and for his message of support to the new government.
An official press release states that the Pakistani premier thanked his Chinese counterpart for the invitation to visit China and looked forward to his visit and meetings with the Chinese leadership.
Khan also reiterated that his government is committed to the implementation of CPEC.
CPEC is PTI govt's top priority, clarifies ... 02:14 PM | 8 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressed on Saturday that development of multi-billion dollars ...
Yi began his three-day official visit to Pakistan on Friday, in the first high-level meetings between the neighbours since Imran Khan took office.
On Saturday, the Chinese FM led a high-level delegation to the General Headquarters (GHQ) where they met Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa to discuss the regional security and bilateral cooperation.
Chinese FM lauds Pakistan Army for CPEC security 09:20 PM | 8 Sep, 2018
RAWALPINDI - A high-level Chinese delegation led by Foreign Minister Wang Yi called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) ...
Wang's visit comes days after Pompeo's trip to Pakistan last week along with the US chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, the first high-level US visit to the new government, with the secretary of state saying he was hopeful for "a reset of relations" between the two countries.
He is the first senior Chinese official to hold meetings with the new government, having been invited by the Pakistani foreign minister.
Beijing has pledged $57 billion in loans for Pakistan as part of its vast Belt and Road initiative, deepening ties at a time when Islamabad's relations with Washington are fraying over how to deal with militants waging war in Afghanistan.
- PAKvENG, 2nd Test – Babar Azam dismissed early as Pakistan resume ...10:32 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Netherlands out of World Cup after losing to Argentina on penalties10:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Azam Swati’s farmhouses sealed over illegal construction09:44 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill four TTP militants in KP operation09:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan's bag misplaced by Saudi Airlines10:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022