Navjot Singh Sidhu all praises for opening Kartarpur Border (Video)
Talking to Indian Channel ABP News on Saturday, Sidhu said, “I have no words to thank Prime Minister Imran Khan for this landmark decision.”
Pakistan is ready to open the corridor of Kartarpur Sahib on the 550 birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Ji. "There can be no bigger happiness than this for the people of Indian Punjab,” he explained.
The 54-year-old Patiala born cricketer, who recently visited Pakistan to attend PM Imran’s oath-taking ceremony, also urged the Indian government to reciprocate to Pakistan’s gesture.
“I plead to the PM Modi that if they (Pakistan) have made an effort, you should also make an effort,” he maintained.
“We should leave the religion-based politics”, Sidhu expressed.
PM Imran Khan led government recently announced that they will open the Kartar Singh border for Sikh pilgrims and allow them to visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur without having to obtain a visa.
“A system has also been formed for the pilgrims entering Pakistan”, the announcement added.
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021