PM Nawaz bars party members from passing controversial comments about Raheel Sharif
Radio Pakistan, in a series of tweets on Sunday stated that the premier has taken notice of the statements being made against general (retd) Raheel Sharif.
The prime minister also noted that the whole country paid accolades to the former chief of army staff for his illustrious career.
'He is a normal general like other generals and it’s his right to acquire the piece of land he was given ... Let’s be fair with him — let’s not make him larger than life' he cautioned.
Late last month, PML-N leader and Federal Minister for States and Frontier Regions (Safron) Lt Gen (retd) Abdul Qadir Baloch said that if former army chief Gen Raheel Sharif were to accept the appointment as head of a 39-nation military alliance of Muslim states he would become controversial.
“If Raheel Sharif takes up the appointment, he will become controversial and I feel it might lessen the respect he has earned,” said Baloch while speaking on DawnNews programme Doosra Rukh.
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021