Muslim man assaulted, forced to eat pork for selling beef in India
The incident happened in the eastern state of Assam on Sunday and Shaukat Ali was roughed up in a market in Biswanath district.
In a video available on the internet, the 68-year-old can be seen kneeling down and being attacked by a group of men implying the rising xenophobia in World's Biggest Democracy.
I know many people who feel they’re desensitized because of the number of lynchings in the last 5 years.— Asaduddin Owaisi (@asadowaisi) April 8, 2019
I am not, each video infuriates me & saddens me
It’s irrelevant that beef is legal in Assam, lynching an innocent old man is illegal in every part of India https://t.co/aqx8LqQjki
According to Biswanath district police superintendent Rakesh Roshan, police had registered a report after receiving a complaint from Ali that he was assaulted, called a Bangladeshi and forced to eat pork.
Police have begun an investigation into the incident and are on the lookout for the men seen in the video; the law enforcers have detained one individual as well.
- Google pays tribute to late Pakistani social activist Perween Rahman10:56 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- IWMI to help Punjab prepare water data on Governor's help10:39 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021