Japanese scientists create ‘unmeltable’ ice-cream
KANAZAWA - Japan’s Biotherapy Development Research Center has started selling a wonder ice-cream that doesn’t melt.
Researchers at the Kanazawa research center have been using polyphenol found in strawberry to keep a popsicle from melting for hours on a hot summer day.
Interestingly, the secret ingredient for “unmeltable” ice-cream was discovered by mistake. The Kanazawa research center had asked a local pastry chef to create a new confectionery using strawberry polyphenol, in an attempt to find new uses for strawberries not good enough to be sold as fresh fruit.
Have a break: Law student demands UNLIMITED ... 04:22 PM | 1 Feb, 2016
LONDON (Web Desk) - A law student from England demanding a lifetime supply of KitKats from Nestle under the threat of ...
However, the chef later reported that “dairy cream solidified instantly when strawberry polyphenol was added”.
That made it useless in confectionery, but researchers at the center realised that polyphenol could be used to make ice-cream melt a lot slower.
“Polyphenol liquid has properties to make it difficult for water and oil to separate”, said Tomihisa Ota, a professor at Kanazawa University, who helped develop the innovative treat. “So a popsicle containing it will be able to retain the original shape of the cream for a longer time than usual, and be hard to melt.”
The ice-cream is only available in Japan.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020