PTI loses another provincial seat as re-polling ordered in PK-23
The polls and results have been declared null and void due to fact that less than 10% of the women turned out to vote on July 25.
The repolling is another blow to power-struggling Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf as its central leader Shaukat Yousefzai had won the seat by securing 17,399 votes.
ANP candidate defeats PTI's Shah Farman in PK-70 ... 02:31 PM | 2 Aug, 2018
PESHAWAR - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf suffered a blow on Thursday when one of its central leaders Shah Farman lost to ...
ECP had earlier withheld his victory notification as out of 86,698 registered women, only 3,505 women exercised their right to vote.
With the development, PTI's strength in the assembly dropped to 64 as Shah Farman had lost to Awami national party candidate in recounting.
The electoral body had decided to invalidate the results of any constituency where female voter turnout is less than 10%, dealing a blow to PTI.
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China to launch its first solar probe in 202209:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Ex-judge to head Pakistan probe into Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for demeaning their café ...08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021