PTI loses another provincial seat as re-polling ordered in PK-23
The polls and results have been declared null and void due to fact that less than 10% of the women turned out to vote on July 25.
The repolling is another blow to power-struggling Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf as its central leader Shaukat Yousefzai had won the seat by securing 17,399 votes.
ANP candidate defeats PTI's Shah Farman in PK-70 ... 02:31 PM | 2 Aug, 2018
PESHAWAR - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf suffered a blow on Thursday when one of its central leaders Shah Farman lost to ...
ECP had earlier withheld his victory notification as out of 86,698 registered women, only 3,505 women exercised their right to vote.
With the development, PTI's strength in the assembly dropped to 64 as Shah Farman had lost to Awami national party candidate in recounting.
The electoral body had decided to invalidate the results of any constituency where female voter turnout is less than 10%, dealing a blow to PTI.
- Govt refuses to divulge information on gifts received by PM Imran ...03:20 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- LHC full bench hearing cases against Musharraf, Zardari and Gillani ...02:10 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Kiwis captain terms pulling out of Pakistan ahead of historic series ...01:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- At least eight killed in shooting at Russian university in Perm ...12:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subasi stuns fans with new swimsuit photo05:26 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021