PEMRA imposes ban on airing Indian content in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) on Friday (yesterday) a complete ban on airing Indian content in Pakistan.
According to the notification issued by the PEMRA, Indian clips, songs and news reports cannot be aired on the Pakistani media.
The media has also been banned from airing talk of Indian analysts. Channels cannot invite any Indian journalist, politician or a celebrity in the talk show.
“Failing to comply the orders will be a violation of the court orders and PEMRA directions”, said the notification.
On Thursday, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan had said a policy is being formulated by the government to ban Indian content in Pakistan.
Talking to media outside Parliament House, she had said that no Indian movie would be screened in Pakistani cinema or any channel.
LHC allows TV channels to air Indian movies 06:47 PM | 14 Feb, 2017
LAHORE - Private television channels, having valid licences, can now show Indian movies as per the terms of their ...
Earlier in February, a ban on screening Bollywood films in cinemas across the country was imposed, after tensions escalated between the two nuclear powers.
The then information minister Fawad Chaudhry also instructed PEMRA against airing Indian advertisements on Pakistani TV channels.
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020