Drugs case: ‘Rana Sanaullah is innocent,’ say PTI ministers, allies
ISLAMABAD – Legislators of ruling Pakistan Tehreek Insaf (PTI) and its allies on Friday declared PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah, who is nominated in a drugs case, innocent during the proceedings of the National Assembly, revealed a renowned journalist.
Sanaullah, who is released on bail, spoke out against the case filed against him by the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) last year, demanding a judicial commission or parliamentary committee to probe the matter.
He said that the case to become a part of the assembly record, adding that the practice of creating fake cases, if not discontinued, could come back to haunt others as well.
During his speech, the PML-N minister, holing the holy Quran in his hand, urged the members of the government to stand along with what is true.
At this, according to journalist Hamid Mir, PTI MNA from Balochistan Khalid Magsi, stood in his seat saying, “I am with the truth”. He was followed by PTI’s Sanaullah Mastikhel, MQM’s Iqbal Muhammad Ali, GDA’s Saira Bano and independent ally Aslam Bhotani, Mir added.
Bhotani and Magsi said they have supported Sanaullah following the voice of their conscience and believed that the PML-N’s minister “is innocent,” revealed Mir while referring to his conversation with them after the assembly session.
Rana Sanaullah was arrested by the ANF on July 1, 2019, while he was travelling to from Faisalabad to Lahore. The ANF officials claimed to have seized 15 kilogrammes of narcotics from his vehicle. At least five people, including the driver and security guard of the former law minister were also nabbed.
The FIR was lodged under section 9 (C) of the Control of Narcotic Substances Act 1997, which carries death penalty or life imprisonment or a jail term that may extend to 14 years, along with a fine up to Rs1 million.
Sanaullah had been in detention of the ANF for over six months. He faced 19 proceedings since the case was lodged against him by the ANF.
On Dec 24, the Lahore High Court ordered release of Member of National Assembly (MNA) and former Punjab Law minister Rana Sanaullah on bail in a drugs case.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020