Fatima Jinnah remembered on her 49th death anniversary
Various political party and women organisations organised conferences and seminars to commemorate the services rendered to the nation by Fatima Jinnah. Radio stations, TV channels and newspapers, on the other hand have also addressed her role during the creation of Pakistan.
Fatima Jinnah played a vital role in the creation of Pakistan and worked side by side with Mohammad Ali Jinnah and brought the Muslim women of the sub-continent on one platform and made the struggle for achieving a separate Muslim state easier.
In 1947, she formed the Women’s Relief Committee which later formed the nucleus for the All Pakistan Women’s Association (APWA).
She returned to the political forefront to contest the 1964 general elections at the age of 71 against military dictator, Ayub Khan.
Fatima Jinnah died in Karachi on 9th July 1967. The official cause of her death was reported as heart failure.
Fatima Jinnah is referred to as Madar-i-Millat (Mother of the Nation) for her role in the Freedom Movement.
- Balochistan face off Central Punjab in 4th match of National T20 2021 ...05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Top Pakistani, Russian generals discuss military ties in Moscow05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Sindh clash with Southern Punjab in 3rd match of National T20 ...04:00 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021