LUMS' 'Suleman Dawood School of Business' ranked amongst top business schools
This is a momentous occasion for SDSB to have been identified as 'business and management studies' subject group within the QS rankings. This particular ranking covers a total of 46 disciplines, highlighting the world’s top-performing universities in each academic area.
The rankings are compiled annually to help prospective students identify the leading universities in a particular subject. Research citations, along with the results of major global surveys of employers and academics are used to rank universities. Prior to this, LUMS was also ranked the number 1 university in Pakistan and 111th in Asia, according to the QS University Rankings Asia 2016.
This year's ranking included the 300 best business schools from around the world. Each of the subject rankings is compiled using four sources. The first two of these are global surveys of academics and employers, which are used to assess institutions’ international reputation in each subject. The second two indicators assess research impact, based on research citations per paper and h-index in the relevant subject. These four components are combined to produce the results for each of the subject rankings, with weightings adapted for each discipline.
Commenting on this major accomplishment, Jawad Syed, PhD, Dean and Professor of Organisational Behaviour, SDSB said, “This is a major achievement and the credit for this goes to all faculty members, in particular to those colleagues who excel in research, teaching and service. Clearly the research initiatives at SDSB pioneered and led by Dr. Shaukat Brah, Dr. Arif Butt, Dr. Junaid Ashraf, Dr. Kamran Ali Chatha and Dr. Saad Azmat are paying dividends. I also offer my gratitude to administrative and support staff for making this possible.”
LUMS has long positioned itself as a leader in developing and imparting business education. Its business school, SDSB, recognised for excellence in research, teaching and service is a pioneer in case based teaching methodology in the region. The school boasts 85% foreign qualified faculty from the world’s top institutions, 6 research centres generating cutting-edge management research with a global impact and 16 international student exchange programmes with some of the best international universities.
Taking this laurel forward, the Dr. Syed further went on to say that, “We will continue to work towards our vision of being in the top 20 business schools in Asia in the next 5 years”.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021