Syria bombing: Pakistan to impeach diplomat for not voting against mass killings
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has decided to impeach its representative in the UN Human Rights Committee for not casting vote against the killing of civilians and severe violation of human rights in war-ravaged Syria .
Speaking on the floor of the National Assembly, Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif asserted that he would inform the house, on Monday, about the reasons behind avoiding a vote on the situation in Syria in the United Nations Security Council’s meeting last month adding that the envoy would be impeached for such move.
“The Pakistani envoy did not cast vote against atrocities on Syrian people and it is a matter of shame to be in an international forum and not voting for our Muslim brethren," said Asif and added that the person responsible will be impeached and stern action will be taken.
500 Syrians including 121 children killed in ... 04:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2018
ALEPPO - Syrian government forces have killed more than 500 civilians during a week of intense bombardment of a rebel ...
The minister was responding to the questions asked by Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman, who told the house that eight Muslim countries were the member of the UN committee but three of them, including Pakistan , abstained from voting which was conducted against the massacre in Syria .
"Why Pakistan remained absent during voting and who was representing the country there. The parliament wants to conduct impeachment of the envoy responsible for it. The foreign minister must take notice of it,” said the JUI-F chief.
Fazal deplored that when Saudi Arabia requested for deployment of the Pakistani Army on its soil, a section in the country raised a hue and cry over it but the same class was silent over the Syria killings.
“Now the entire Pakistani nation should protest against the cruelties in Syria and a resolution must also be passed by the house in this context," he added, however, the resolution could not be passed owing to Lack of quorum.
Pakistani couple besieged in Syria rescued after ... 10:37 AM | 1 Mar, 2018
DAMASCUS - An elderly Pakistani couple besieged in Syria has safely been evacuated through the Wafidin Corridor by the ...
Let it be known that last month, UNSC voted unanimously in favor of a 30-day cease-fire in Syria, after days of bombardment by the Syrian government on a Damascus suburb left hundreds of civilians dead.
The resolution called for all parties to “cease hostilities without delay” across the country to enable the “safe, unimpeded and sustained delivery of humanitarian aid and services and medical evacuations of the critically sick and wounded.”
Drugs smuggling impossible sans FIA, ANF's ... 02:45 PM | 9 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif on Thursday lashed out at Pakistani departments for their failure to prevent ...
UN Secretary-General António Guterres called for the warring sides to honor the temporary truce, however, Pakistan did not cast its vote on the resolution.
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019