PKLI carries out first successful liver transplant
In a statement, Punjab Minister for Health Dr Yasmin Rashid has said that first liver transplant has successfully been carried out at PKLI in Lahore on Saturday, adding that both the patient and donor are in good condition.
The minister expressed contentment over the first successful operation of the newly-established institution.
The health minister informed that Dr Faisal Dar was the surgeon who conducted the liver transplant operation.
Dr Yaseem called the development as promising news for the Pakistani public, adding that the patients, seeking liver transplant, will not have to spend millions in foreign hospitals as PKLI will serve them now.
The PKLI is also expected to start a liver transplant of children in June.
- US envoy calls on PM Shehbaz, reaffirms commitment to strengthen ...09:53 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- World's highest polo festival kicks off in Pakistan's Shandur09:16 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners, fishermen08:15 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- SidNaaz fans left teary-eyed with Shehnaaz Gill’s throwback video06:40 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022