PKLI carries out first successful liver transplant
In a statement, Punjab Minister for Health Dr Yasmin Rashid has said that first liver transplant has successfully been carried out at PKLI in Lahore on Saturday, adding that both the patient and donor are in good condition.
The minister expressed contentment over the first successful operation of the newly-established institution.
The health minister informed that Dr Faisal Dar was the surgeon who conducted the liver transplant operation.
Dr Yaseem called the development as promising news for the Pakistani public, adding that the patients, seeking liver transplant, will not have to spend millions in foreign hospitals as PKLI will serve them now.
The PKLI is also expected to start a liver transplant of children in June.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022