Fatima Jinnah’s 1955 Cadillac series 62 convertible restored by local garage in Karachi (PICS)
The restoration process took around 2 years, an amount of Rs15 million to complete this restoration process in seven different phases.
The car which had been driven to ruin over the years due to negligence by their caretakers was restored to be displayed at the National Museum of Karachi.
The car has formally handed over to the culture department of the Government of Sindh on Wednesday, for display to the public in their newly built glass garage.
Mohsin Ikram, founder and president of the Vintage and Classic Car Club of Pakistan and Motorheads Pakistan said he had first discovered them in the garages of the Mohatta Palace from where they had been pulled out and left under the open sky when the palace was being restored.
The workers did mechanical work, denting and painting, electrical work, and design work while trying their best to keep the original parts in place.
The 1955 Cadillac series 62 convertible was restored by replacing some of the original parts with brand new Chinese / Taiwan made parts.
Mohsin Ikram admits that the car is hardly original anymore but revealed that the engine and many other parts of the car are the same as when Fatima Jinnah owned it.
The 1955 Cadillac series 62 convertible is powered by a 6.0L OHV V8 engine.
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief06:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Hira Mani set to launch her YouTube channel with a 'big surprise'06:32 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022