General Elections 2018 to be held on time, asserts Chief Election Commissioner
Talking to newsmen on Friday after inaugurating facilitating center at National Database and Registration Authority’s (NADRA) office, the CEC said that votes would be registered with issuance of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
The official also termed the day as historic moment in country’s history in the backdrop of implementation of new voter registration system.
NADRA chairman Mr. Usman Y. Mobin was also present on the occasion who said that NADRA had achieved another milestone as a big hurdle in way of vote registration had been slashed.
The comments of Chief Election Commissioner came at a time when the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan is repeatedly demanding early elections contrary to the demands of all the parties including the ruling Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz .
- Changing Obesity Leadership Forum held to mark the World Obesity Day07:41 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PCB’s medical chief resigns after PSL 6 marred with COVID-1907:12 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Hafeez Shaikh decides not to resign as finance minister after PM ...06:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PTI asks ECP to withhold victory notification of Yousaf Raza Gillani05:45 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan’s first OTT platform UrduFlix is now live03:52 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021