Three-match cricket series between Pakistan & Sri Lankan Army kicks off
RAWALPINDI - A three-match cricket series between Pakistan Army and Sri Lankan Army cricket teams kicked off in Rawalpindi.
Zalmi Foundation and Haier have co-sponsored this one of a kind series which aims to Strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries, says a press release issued by the Zalmi Foundation.
The cricket series between Pakistan Army Cricket Team and Sri Lankan Army Cricket Team has started off in Rawalpindi with the aim to improve the bilateral relations between the two countries.
Sri Lanka and Pakistan have been great friends for the past decades and both countries are always looking to further strengthen this relationship.
It has been proven that there is no better way than through sports to take this friendship to the next level. Since both countries are cricket loving nations, the cricket series between Pakistan Army and Sri Lankan Army will prove to be a monumental stepping stone for both countries.
The first match, of the cricket series, which was played in Rawalpindi, had won the Sri Lankan team.
The second match of the series will be played in Miranshah, which is also bringing great excitement for the people of that region. The third and final match will be played in the hearts of Lahore.
Chairman, Peshawar Zalmi & Zalmi Foundation, Mr Javed Afridi said, "this series is a step in the positive direction for both countries. We feel honoured to become part of this wonderful series and hope to provide support for more endeavours such as this one. Our aim is always to promote the positive image of Pakistan on a global stage and we strive relentlessly to achieve this goal."
He further added that the "two cricket loving nations can promote the message of peace through this beautiful sport, as we have seen globally that, sports are always playing an important role in bringing people, communities, and countries together."
- Two kids drown in River Chenab08:02 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020