Anti-corruption officials arrive in capital to arrest Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah
Court orders to arrest and produce PML-N leader before court today
ISLAMABAD – Anti-corruption Punjab officials reached the Kohsar police station in the federal capital and approached Islamabad police for force to assist in the arrest of Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah.
The development comes as a fresh arrest warrant was issued for Interior Minister by a judicial magistrate earlier today, with the cops ordered to immediately hold the minister and produce him before the court.
The issuance of the fresh warrant comes days after a court in Rawalpindi issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against the PML-N stalwart for failing to appear before ACE officials in a land scam case.
Reports suggest that one address of Rana Sanaullah was mentioned in the previous arrest, whereas it was requested to add more addresses in the fresh warrant.
Earlier today, the anti-corruption officials requested the court to declare Sanaullah as proclaimed offender.
Rana Sanaullah has been accused of purchasing two farmhouses at a private housing scheme in Kallar Kahar at a price lower than the scheduled rate.
More to follow…
- Asad Umar summoned to appear before LHC for anti-judiciary speech01:10 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Curtain falls on Pakistan’s flood response centre12:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022