Complete shutdown in IoK on Maqbool Butt’s martyrdom day today
SRINAGAR - Complete shutdown will be observed in occupied Kashmir today, to mark the 36th martyrdom anniversary of prominent Kashmiri liberation leader Muhammad Maqbool Butt.
Call for the strike has been given by the All Parties Hurriyat Conference Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq-led Hurriyat forum, the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and other pro-freedom leaders and organizations.
India had hanged Muhammad Maqbool Butt in New Delhi’s Tihar Jail on 11th February, 1984.
Indian authorities imposed strict restrictions in the territory in the name of security to prevent anti-India protests in connection with the martyrdom anniversary of Maqbool Butt.
Normal life continues to remain affected in the occupied Valley due to the military lockdown and gag on internet on 191 consecutive day, today.
In occupied Kashmir, the Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), Muhammad Yasin Malik has said that struggle and sacrifices of martyred liberation leader, Muhammad Maqbool Butt are beacon light for every oppressed and occupied nation.
Protest programmes are being held in occupied Kashmir to commemorate Maqbool Butt’s martyrdom day.
- AIOU declares results of BS programs semester autumn 201905:25 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Gold prices reach Rs96,300 per tola in Pakistan04:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- HBL PSL 2020 action shifts to Rawalpindi from Tuesday03:41 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Tranquil Dawn is AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 202003:35 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Ali Zafar drops hint at releasing a new song for PSL 202012:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Do we hear wedding bells for Sajal Aly, Ahad Raza Mir?12:23 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019