Complete shutdown in IoK on Maqbool Butt’s martyrdom day today
SRINAGAR - Complete shutdown will be observed in occupied Kashmir today, to mark the 36th martyrdom anniversary of prominent Kashmiri liberation leader Muhammad Maqbool Butt.
Call for the strike has been given by the All Parties Hurriyat Conference Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq-led Hurriyat forum, the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and other pro-freedom leaders and organizations.
India had hanged Muhammad Maqbool Butt in New Delhi’s Tihar Jail on 11th February, 1984.
Indian authorities imposed strict restrictions in the territory in the name of security to prevent anti-India protests in connection with the martyrdom anniversary of Maqbool Butt.
Normal life continues to remain affected in the occupied Valley due to the military lockdown and gag on internet on 191 consecutive day, today.
In occupied Kashmir, the Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), Muhammad Yasin Malik has said that struggle and sacrifices of martyred liberation leader, Muhammad Maqbool Butt are beacon light for every oppressed and occupied nation.
Protest programmes are being held in occupied Kashmir to commemorate Maqbool Butt’s martyrdom day.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020