Federal govt retains 325 entities in major restructuring plan
ISLAMABAD - The federal cabinet has approved a major restructuring plan for the government and decided to retain 325 entities out of total 441.
The approval came on the recommendations of Dr Ishrat Hussain-led Task Force on Institutional Reforms as the cabinet approved the privatisation or transfer of 43 government entities to Sarmaya Pakistan Ltd, transfer of 15 bodies to provincial governments, Islamabad Capital Territory and Gilgit-Baltistan, liquidation or closure of eight organisations and merger of 32 entities.
The cabinet, under the chair of Prime Minister Imran Khan, also approved the proposal for the reorganization of 17 bodies as training and policy support institutes.
Under the new plan, the government will retain 325 entities under two broad categories: (a) Executive departments, and (b) Autonomous bodies.
PM Khan's maiden address reflective of adviser ... 06:16 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan outlined his vision for 'Naya Pakistan', promising sweeping changes at ...
The Ishrat Hussain-led task force on Austerity and Restructuring of Government reviewed 441 organisations of federal government and classified these entities into 18 categories, which include constitutional bodies, regularity authorities, courts/tribunals, commercial/semi-commercial organisations, public utilities/services providers, promotion bodies, financial institutions, training institutes, research/data/documentation organisations, education institutions, quality assurance bodies, development authorities, councils/commissions/committees, trusts/foundations, executive agencies, security/enforcement bodies, scientific research institutes and others, The News reported.
Besides the restructuring plan, the cabinet also sanctioned the implementation plan under which a committee comprising secretaries of relevant departments would be made; the government is expecting to save billions of rupees from this restructuring process.
The Implementation Committee will comprise Secretary Establishment, which will be the chairman, and members including secretary finance, secretary law, special secretary cabinet and secretary of the ministry/division concerned.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020