Shaan Shahid doesn't want Shahrukh Khan to destroy 'The Lion King' by dubbing it in Hindi
LAHORE- Veteran Pakistani actor, Shaan Shahid is known to be very vocal on social media. He doesn’t hold back or mind sharing his opinion with the public.
Now, the Waar actor has dropped another bomb, this one targeting Shahrukh Khan’s upcoming Lion King which is only a Hindi-dubbed version of the iconic animated film.
It was announced 2 weeks ago that SRK would be dubbing Mufasa in the upcoming reboot. He recently posted a snippet of the movie featuring his son Aryan Khan on twitter.
While most people chimed in with love and support, Shaan seems to be upset about it. He has requested King Khan to change his vocal expression for the dubbing he shall be doing for the animated movie.
Shaan took to Twitter to express his anger, saying, "Please don't destroy an iconic film with Hindi dub. No difference in Shah Rukh's voice, it's like any other voice over he does for his films. At least change your voice expression for a lion's dub."
Pls don’t destroy an iconic film with Hindi dub .. no difference in shahrukhs voice it is like any other V/O he does for his films . At least change your voice expression for a lions dub.— Shaan Shahid (@mshaanshahid) July 11, 2019
He adds, "James Earl Jones must be laughing. What Shah Rukh failed to understand if that the characters in the film are sketched according to the dubbing artists facial expressions... if you see Simba he resembles Matthew Brodrick."
James Earl Jones is the iconic voice of Mufasa, both in the original and the remake.
James Earl Jones must be laughing.. what Shahrukh failed to understand if that the characters in the film are sketched according to the dubbing artists facial expressions .. if you see simba he resembles Matthew brodrick— Shaan Shahid (@mshaanshahid) July 11, 2019
Seems like Shaan isn't clear about who will be dubbing whom. He attempts to criticize Simba’s voice, that’s voiced by Aryan, but he’s bringing in James Earl Jones, who was the voice of Mufasa. Confused much?
Soon after his comment, Shaan was immediately targeted by people, insinuating that he's only saying all this out of jealousy.
What you know about @iamsrk?— SACHIN J GAHLOT (@sachin_j_gahlot) July 11, 2019
Just keep silent & jealous with his success. Why are you getting jealous? Because you didn't get any chance from Hollywood?
RIP SRK HATERS😎😏
First of all THIS IS NOT SHAHRUKH'S VOICE.— ɹɐ𝗽ɟɐ𝗦 ɐ𝘂ᴉ𝗛 (@hinasafi) July 11, 2019
Second of all AAP MAT DEKHNA.
THIRD OF ALL WE ARE LOVING THIS.
You are just trying to be famous by bashing king khan ...but itna mun na kholo ke bnd krna mushkil ho jaye...ghatiya aadmi— iamsaadsrkian (@SaadUmer17) July 11, 2019
Come on mr shan I respect u as u r our biggest star. U r the star of pakistan . But plz don't criticize other's work. They are doing a brilliant job. And u should concern on your films. U have also given pathetic films like opertion 021 yalqaar arth 2.— Younis Rehman (@718eb80bdc0c4bc) July 11, 2019
‘The Lion King’ is scheduled to be released on July 19 in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Ex-GB governor Syed Pir Karam Ali Shah dies at 8612:58 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020