Plane hijacking bid foiled: five Thai nationals held at Lahore airport
It is learnt that the accused had been getting education in a seminary of Swat and had recently settled in Raiwind area of Lahore. The accused Thai nationals had de-assembled weapons in their luggage. The sources further added that they had got cleared from the first counter of the airport but were caught on second counter when authorities doubted them on offering resistance. Reportedly, the accused were planning to hijack the plane.
A handgun and bullets were found in the Thais' luggage as they checked for a Thai Airways flight at the airport.
"Five nationals of Thailand, impersonating as students, were detained on June 8 after a 32-bore pistol and six live bullets were found in the luggage of one of them," an ASF official said.
"The detainees were handed over to FIA authorities," he added on condition of anonymity.
The FIA also confirmed the arrests. Police have registered a case against the Thai nationals.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022